Sickness Certificate

The NHS provides sickness certification only after seven continuous days of illness.  If you need a sick note to cover this period of sickness you should complete a Self Certification (SC2) form which is available from your employer or on the HMRC website.

In case you still require a Private Sick Certificate or Letter, please liaise with a Patient Care Advisor for the Practice to process.

Please make a written request for your NHS sick note. You can do this by using the e-consult form. Sick notes are done on the due date or the next available working day for the clinician.

Please visit the Direct Gov website for full information about fitness for work following a period of sickness. After this period a NHS certificate may be issued but you will need to contact the surgery as it may be necessary to discuss your request with your GP.

Do I need a note saying I’m fit for work?

No. You do not need to see your GP again to be ‘signed back to work’.